+
tales_from_the_duck_side

Tuesday, March 14, 2006


Anesthetics & Amputations


Let's scurry like mice across these concrete fields
Help me knaw away at this steel river,
And then let's grab hold of the chariot reins
We'll ride this intravaneous bullet from station to station
Forgetting where the trigger ever was
Pray the angels won't find out about us
And their crumpled up campaigns
We'll make a straw out of this
So we can breathe in migranes coated with sunlight
And exhale whatever remains
Let the sickle cells fill our bloodstreams
Let's leave
Let's disregard our hopeless dreams
And wander aimlessly,
Finding empty cartons of nicotine
In a field of melting cement.
Cause you see, I can hear the angels coming,
So while our obsessions project mirages of empty ashtrays,
Let's see if they can catch us now.
Yes, I have big plans for this now.
My arms are only stethoscopes
Can you feel anything?
Am I pulsing through your nerves?
We've been captured, but these handcuffs feel sedated.
We're on the surface now
Please tell me, what should our eyes do now?
Will our retinas retract and refract?
Or will our pupils dilate into everything?
And I can't help but wince when I see the lights
Let's just keep blinking & blinking & blinking
Let's keep in rhythm with the camera shutters
So when the newspaper prints the next day,
The smeared ink of the headline will read
That our eyes knew just what to do when they felt lights.
And while we're barred behind heaven's gates,
The angel's walkie talkie static will filter out smoke
And we'll exhale whatever remains




Posted by TheRedBantoo | | Email post



Remenber Me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.


« Home | Redemption in a lightning strike traded in my hear... » //-->





HAIL - I love it, I love you

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous #  

~Oo°~

HAIL - I love it, I love you

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous #  

~Oo°~

Post a comment :

 


 © Blogger Templates 2005 for Blogger